Chocolate-Dipped Apple Rings
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 2 hours 20 min. + standing
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 2 pounds medium apples
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Assorted sprinkles or small candies
- Preheat oven to 225°. Core apples and cut crosswise into 1/8-in. slices. In a shallow bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Dip apple slices in sugar mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Arrange in a single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 1-1/2 hours. Turn; bake 50-60 minutes longer or until apples are dry and slightly shriveled. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip apple slices in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on parchment or waxed paper; decorate with sprinkles as desired. Let stand until set. Store in airtight containers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 19, 2015
what a neat idea! i am always looking to add something to a gift basketi really like the recipe. when i made it, it was done in minutes
Dec 28, 2013
I made this with purchased cinnamon apple chips because I was short on time. They were excellent, both as an appetizer and wrapped in mini baskets to give as holiday gifts.