This is a really simple, tasty breakfast. It has been a mainstay for our mornings together as a family.—Jo Ferguson, Arnold, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup cubed avocado
- 1/3 cup pico de gallo
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, optional
- Fresh chopped cilantro, optional
- Additional pico de gallo, optional
- Gently mix black beans, avocado, pico de gallo and lime juice; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, cook potatoes and crumble sausage over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and potatoes are tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Pour into skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Stir in cheese. Spoon egg mixture into tortillas; top with black bean mixture. If desired, serve with sour cream, cilantro and additional pico de gallo.
Originally published as Breakfast Tacos in Breakfast & Brunch 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.