Asparagus Omelet Tortilla Wrap
Since this omelet is packed with whole grains, veggies and protein, all I have to do is add a side of fresh fruit for a healthy breakfast before work. Instead of asparagus, sometimes I make this with fresh spinach. —Bonita Suter, Lawrence, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Place a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat; add asparagus. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, spoon green onion and asparagus on one side. Fold omelet in half; serve in tortilla.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 319 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 225mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Baby Spinach (or Asparagus) Omelet in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2015
Mar 3, 2018
This was fairly easy to make. I used canned asparagus rather than fresh & it worked just fine. It was a little on the dry side, so I added 1/2 cup heated salsa to the one I made for my hubby.