Asparagus Eggs Benedict
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 6 large eggs
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- Prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring 2-3 in. water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer. Holding the dish close to the surface of the water, slip the eggs, one at a time, into the water.
- Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the whites are completely set and the yolks begin to thicken. With a slotted spoon, lift each egg out of the water.
- To assemble, place 4 pieces of asparagus on each muffin half; top with a poached egg; sprinkle with cheese. Top each with about 3 tablespoons hollandaise sauce; garnish with paprika. Serve immediately.
May 10, 2014
This is my new favorite spring brunch recipe! Quick and easy for beginners too. And if you use the poaching envelopes they used at the TOH cooking schools - its pretty much fool proof! Will be making this ALOT!
Feb 14, 2011
I surprised my husband with this breakfast today for Valentine's Day. It was a big hit!!