Asparagus Bundt Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups grated fresh asparagus (about 1 pound), drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons whole milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add oil, eggs, asparagus, pineapple, orange zest and vanilla; mix well. Fold in pecans. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, beat cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl until smooth. Add orange zest, vanilla and enough milk until icing reaches desired consistency. Spoon over cake, allowing icing to drip down sides.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 455 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 18, 2012
So yummy! Give it a shot, you wont regret it. I added a bit of orange flavor like the other review suggested, as well as to the icing.I made it for a coworkers bday and everyone loved it!
May 9, 2011
Most and tasty -- I would include more orange flavoring possibly 1/2 orange extract and 1/2 vanilla. Well received by guests.