Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham
- 24 thick fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425°. Mix butter, seasoning blend and garlic salt. Unfold puff pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Spread each with 1-1/2 tablespoons butter mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with prosciutto, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut each sheet into 12 strips (about 1/2 in. thick). Wrap each strip, filling side in, around an asparagus spear; place on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 139 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 2, 2020
Will the asparagus stalks be cooked enough in just fifteen minutes. Perhaps they should be blanched just a bit before wrapping them in the pastry? I have saved this for future use, but would like to hear comments from those who have already baked them.