Asparagus makes lovely finger food, especially wrapped in pastry and tasty filling. Easily assembled, it’s perfect for weeknight noshing or something a little fancier for entertaining. —Linda Hall, Evington, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham
- 24 thick fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425°. Mix butter, seasoning blend and garlic salt. Unfold puff pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Spread each with 1-1/2 tablespoons butter mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with prosciutto, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut each sheet into 12 strips (about 1/2 in. thick). Wrap each strip, filling side in, around an asparagus spear; place on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 139 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Asparagus Wraps in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.