Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 16 fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 16 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Set aside.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Combine the cream cheese, bacon and chives; spread 1 tablespoonful on each slice of bread. Top with an asparagus spear. Roll up tightly; place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cut roll-ups in half. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Jul 30, 2015
This is one of my favorite fingerfood appetizers to bring to a party. They always go quickly. When I make extra batches at home, I find I enjoy them just as much when cold from the fridge as when fresh out of the oven. Love them! It's also a great recipe that kids can easily help with.
Apr 19, 2011
This is a really nice go-to appetizer or brunch recipe for Easter. I make them every year. Wonderful!
May 4, 2009
Wonderful! I did substitute 'chive and onion' cream cheese for the regular cream cheese. Again, wonderful.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.