Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 6 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine salsa and chilies; set aside. Drizzle fillets with oil; sprinkle both sides with steak seasoning.
- Cook fillets, uncovered, in a large skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Gently stir in salsa mixture.
- Spoon a heaping 1/3 cupful onto each tortilla; top with cheese and roll up.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 424 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1468mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 41g protein.
Dec 10, 2017
A favorite in our home—on permanent rotation in meal plans!
Jun 28, 2017
These were pretty good. I cooked the tilapia in the oven instead of the skillet (425deg covered for about 13 minutes, uncovered for about 4). I found that the salsa plus the steak seasoning was just far too salty for me. Next time I will back off a bit on the steak seasoning. I added in chopped sweet red pepper, which added a nice crunch to it. I think without that crunch this would have been a little gummy. I'd definitely suggest adding in some crunchy veggies. Overall, a good recipe, and will be better with some tweaks. I'd make this again.
Mar 13, 2015
Delicious! I used all the ingredients listed, but I didn't drizzle the fish with oil, I just added it to the pan and sprinkled steak seasoning on the fish. I also used a little Old Bay to pep up the flavor even more.
Nov 27, 2013
Can we substitute tilapia with some other fish fillet or chicken breast?
May 8, 2012
This recipe turned out great! The kids loved it and I am going to be making it again.
Apr 28, 2012
I made this and it turned out great. I used green salsa instead of the chillie and put Ric Roni (chicken flavored) in it. It was yum! I made it four a family of six and even fish haters ate it with delight.
Oct 4, 2011
I loved this recipe. Quick and easy dinner.
Sep 27, 2011
I really like this recipe. Not only is it quick it easy but it has good flavor.
Sep 17, 2011
This recipe has made fish lovers out of members of my familt that didnt like fish!! We love this recipe!!
Jul 24, 2011
Good recipe. Very easy and quick to make. The kids enjoyed the wraps. I would have liked more seasoning, but other than that, it was good, quick and easy.