Stuffed Turkey Roll
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, oats, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Pat into a 12x9-in. rectangle on a piece of heavy-duty foil; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in water, sage and thyme. Add stuffing; stir until well coated. Spoon over turkey to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away foil while rolling.
- Place loaf, seam side down, in a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Place bacon strips over top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 522 calories, 35g fat (13g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 958mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Dec 17, 2015
We had this as Thanksgiving Dinner this year (we life in Germany, but we celebrate US holidays every year!) and it was AWSESOME! We modified it a bit with a thick german Beer-Gravy and we had glaced carrots and mashed sweet potatos as a side. We used a corn stuffing for the roll.Everyone loved it!
Jul 6, 2012
Best Ground Turkey loaf recipe I've tried. Mine didn't roll well at all and I ended up having to add extra meat...all in all tasty and easy. Great with a bit of soy sauce on top!
May 18, 2011
My family and I all loved this! Including my picky 2yr old twins! It's a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.