Crispy Ranch Fried Chicken
It's almost impossible to improve crispy fried chicken. A sprinkling of ranch dressing mix in the coating makes it happen, though. The empty-in-seconds serving platter is proof. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min./batch
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 6 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large shallow dish, combine 2-2/3 cups flour and Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker. In another shallow dish, beat eggs and 1-1/2 cups water; add 1 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1-1/3 cup flour and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in the flour mixture, a few pieces at a time. Turn to coat.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Working in batches, fry chicken, several pieces at a time, until golden brown and a thermometer inserted into chicken reads 165°, 7-8 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.