Fried Chicken Tenders
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 package (8 ounces) sesame crackers, crushed (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope instant chicken gravy mix, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine eggs and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with cracker crumbs. In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken strips, a few at a time, for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, prepare gravy mix according to package directions if desired. Serve with chicken strips.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 561 calories, 29g fat (3g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 8g fiber), 30g protein.
Sep 25, 2018
These tenders were delicious and so easy to prepare. I used multigrain crackers which included sesame seeds and a jar of chicken gravy. I made a smaller amount for the two of us but we cleaned our plates. I highly recommend this recipe. Volunteer Field Editor
Jun 4, 2018
This was a really quick and easy fried chicken tenders recipe. The chicken was really tender and cooked all the way through. The sesame crackers gave it a great flavor.
May 21, 2013
The family loved it
Apr 28, 2013
These are good, I made them with adding garlic powder to the crackers. It was yummy, there was no left overs. I made it again and used almond butter thin crackers instead with a box of plain Panko crumbs and everyone loved it and liked it better than the first time.
Sep 21, 2011
Quick and easy.
Nov 4, 2009
Absolutely Delicious! Every time I make these my kids fight over the last tender.