Total TimePrep/Total: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine cereal, flour and seasonings. Place butter in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in cereal mixture.
- Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking pan. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 184 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 17, 2018
This was very good. I didn’t have crisp rice cereal so I used rice chex mix otherwise I followed the recipe exact. Easy to make, I coated the chicken and then put it in the refrigerator for about an hour to let the crumbs adhere to the meat. Instead of baking I used my air fryer. It was moist and nice and crispy.
Jan 8, 2015
I was looking for ways to use up leftover crisp rice cereal and this worked. I didn't think the coating stuck to the chicken well enough. If I use this recipe again, or any other like it, I will coat in flour, then butter, then the coating mixture. That's the only way I know to really make coatings stick.
Nov 22, 2013
This was quick and easy to make and it tasted great. I couldn't ask for more! :)
Nov 7, 2012
One of the easiest recipes I've ever made and it was delicious.
Nov 7, 2012
My husband and son just though that this recipe was ok. I asked my family would they like for me to make it again they replied yes it was good.
Mar 27, 2012
So easy and delicious! I used chicken tenders and baked them 35 minutes in a glass pan. The whole family loved them.
Feb 16, 2012
This has become a family favorite. Yummy and quick!
Nov 4, 2011
The Best!!! Had to cook longer.
Jan 7, 2011
I work nights a lot and when I do my husbands idea of cooking dinner is giving my son cereal. So my son loved that I made him rice crispy chicken and I loved when he asked for seconds. I want to try this coating on fish!
Apr 11, 2010
I make this often...It is so easy and is very flavorful!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.