Super Crispy Baked Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a shallow dish, combine potato flakes, Parmesan cheese, poultry seasoning and pepper. Place butter in another shallow dish. Dip chicken in butter, then coat with potato flake mixture.
- Place on a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 50-65 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 766 calories, 48g fat (22g saturated fat), 216mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 53g protein.
Feb 25, 2015
I was mildly disappointed as the chicken did not turn out "super crispy" as advertised. The crust was good, but came off in places. Could have been due to the fact that I had to cut some huge pieces into smaller pieces as I feed a crowd.
Dec 18, 2012
Absolutely D-elicious!!! This is such a tasty recipe. I made a few minor changes, I added a bit of Panko to the breading to make it more crunchy, and put some egg in the butter. YUM!!
Oct 24, 2011
Loved this recipe!!! I'm making it again tomorrow. The chicken is juicy & well seasoned. One of the best meals I've made!! I'm a novice cook & don't cook very often, so I love how easy it was!
Oct 4, 2011
Excellent recipe, fast and easy.
Sep 5, 2011
It was pretty tasty, easy to make and cheap.. although next time I might put some ranch seasoning in the coating :)