Crispy Onion Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) cheddar or original French-fried onions, crushed, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, place 1/2 cup crushed onions. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with onions.
- Place in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Top with remaining onions; drizzle with any remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 603 calories, 47g fat (21g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 919mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Apr 19, 2019
Crust was crispy and had a great flavor, Chicken was very tender.
Apr 3, 2018
Made this tonight. Just two of us so I cut the recipe in half. I lined the baking dish with aluminum foil, put a rack in the dish, sprayed the rack with non-stick spray. Laid the breasts on top, drizzled the remaining butter on top. Baked for 40 minutes because the breasts were large. They came out perfect. Putting them on a rack they did not get soggy, and they were tender and juicy. A keeper. Will make again.
Jan 17, 2018
What do you do about the soggy bottom?
Nov 11, 2017
Everyone loved it!
Jul 14, 2017
I made this recipe for dinner tonight, using the new Caramelized Onion flavor French-fried onions. They are a bit sweeter than the regular onion topping, but the mustard in the butter mixture balanced that out nicely. It came together nicely, and the topping did stick to the chicken. Don't worry about the amount of butter -- it seemed that any extra remelted and drained off the chicken.
Jul 4, 2017
I halved the breasts, used half the butter called for, twice the onions called for and after they were done put them on a rack over the pan I cooked them in, spooned the juices on them and let them rest in the oven at 200 for a few minutes to let them crisp up. Excellent. :)
Jul 1, 2017
This is one of the best ways to fix chicken!! The French-fried onions complement the chicken very nicely!! It's a keeper!!
Jan 23, 2017
I found garlic-pepper flavored fried onions in the produce department, so I omitted the garlic salt and pepper. Turned out great!
Dec 1, 2016
I thought this was really good and easy for a |weeknight dinner. I took some of the otherReviewer recommendations and used a broiler pan in the over so the onions wouldn't become soggy.
Aug 23, 2016
Family loved this. I also used evoo instead of butter. Nice flavor. I did had just a touch of flour to the onion rings to help hold the mixture on the chicken. Next time zip think I will marinate the chicken in this sauce for a couple of hours before dredging in onions and baking.