Savory Onion Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- Place 2 tablespoons flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add soup mix and remaining flour, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Gradually whisk in beer. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 231 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 10, 2018
Delicious! I loved this super easy recipe. I served it with mashed potatoes, stove-top dressing and green beans.
Sep 9, 2016
Easy to make and so delicious! Moist and flavorful! I didn't change a thing.
Feb 20, 2016
This was so gross even with using name brand onion soup mix and good beer
Nov 7, 2013
i loved it only i would use boneless next time
Jun 3, 2013
My BF and I both love this. Great taste and so easy, Others have said BLah, make sure you use Lipton onion soup (not off brand) and I used a good brand of beer (again not off brand).He is a OTR and I will freeze a lot of the leftovers for him to take with. Does anyone know if this will freeze well??
May 6, 2013
Easy and very good. Need more be said?
Apr 7, 2013
This was absolutely delicious.
Sep 27, 2012
Yuck. 'nuf said.
Sep 19, 2012
It may be the brand of onion soup mix I used or maybe the brand of beer but this did not work for me at all. The sauce was bitter.
Sep 2, 2012
I was alittle nervous to try this but am so glad I did. The two taste combined were really good. Give it a try.