Crunchy Onion Barbecue Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/3 cups french-fried onions, crushed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Place barbecue sauce in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the onions, cheese and pepper. Dip both sides of chicken in barbecue sauce, then one side in onion mixture.
- Place chicken, crumb side up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 22-27 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 286 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 5, 2019
I made as directed. It had a crispy crust , was very tender and delicious!
May 2, 2019
I needed extra onions and Parmesan because I coated both sides. Quick and easy, perfect for a weeknight meal.
Apr 28, 2019
This is my families favorite way to have baked chicken. Packed with flavor and great for a busy weeknight
Feb 12, 2018
Made this with chicken tenderloins and Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy BBQ. Family loved it! Great for a quick dinner.
Jun 10, 2017
My chicken turned out tender. I felt it needed more flavor so dipped in bbq sauce as I ate.
Mar 15, 2017
This was so simple and fast! We loved this and will make it many more times! Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner!
Jul 19, 2014
It has been requested again this week. I'd say that is a testimonial that it is great.
Jun 11, 2014
I'm very glad I decided to give this a try. I was very skeptical and didn't think it would turn out to well but it turned out great and tastes amazing. I am very impressed!
Mar 6, 2014
OMG!!! Delicious.....I made it without the cheese but only because we have a lactose intolerant person eating with us. Made it with baked potatoes and mixed vegetables. Will definitely be making again.
Feb 25, 2014
Have no idea how this can be called "healthy". BBQ sauce is loaded with sugar, French fried onion rings speaks for itself and cheese.