Simple Honey Mustard Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Set aside 1/2 cup for serving. Place chicken in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with remaining sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Warm reserved sauce; serve with chicken. Freeze option: Cool chicken. Freeze chicken with reserved sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces : 444 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Jan 26, 2018
I only buy chicken breasts. Family loved the sauce.
Jan 25, 2018
Made this for supper using chicken leg quarters. I would never have thought of using the ranch dressing mix with the honey and mustard but it made a very tasty sauce. I used all the sauce over the chicken while baking. Very moist and delicious!
Jan 31, 2016
I made this with all drumsticks. The sauce and flavor was fantastic. However, the skin did not get crispy enough for our taste. So we ended up taking off most of the skin and therefore missed out on a lot of the flavor. I may try this recipe again at a higher oven temperature to try to crisp the skin up more.
Jun 21, 2015
I don't try too many new recipes because I have a picky eater at home, but this was delicious and my picky eater loved it. It was easy to prepare too.
Jun 21, 2015
I poured all of the sauce onit, didn't save it for dipping. Very good and easy!
Jan 13, 2015
Absolutely delicious! Chicken turned out very moist and the sauce was really good.
Dec 21, 2014
Prepared it just as instructed, but put all the sauce on as it cooked. It was very moist and the whole family loved it!
Dec 20, 2014
Very moist and flavorful even without the extra dipping sauce.
Dec 2, 2014
My kids liked this recipe so much that they fought over the last piece of chicken! They and my husband told me that I have to make this again!
Jan 22, 2013
I guess I just do not like the taste of honey mustard cooked. I think it is a taste you must have to like it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.