Chicken Pepper Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 each small green, sweet red and sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, stir-fry peppers and onion in 2 tablespoons oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken and Cajun seasoning in remaining oil until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, water, lemon juice, mustard, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce; pour over chicken. Return pepper mixture to the pan; cook and stir for 1 minute. Serve with rice if desired.
Jun 10, 2018
This was a little fussy to make, but tasty. Husband really liked it and "would have again" --
May 6, 2018
Delicious! I made this exactly as written and served it over white rice with chicken egg rolls on the side.
Jun 4, 2017
Very good taste!! My whole family loved it and told me to make it a "keeper." I used McCormick Perfect Pinch Caribbean Jerk seasoning because I didn't have Cajun seasoning, and added fresh cubed pineapple when I added the sauce. Yummy!
Oct 20, 2015
Pretty good. I would probably add some broccoli if I made it again.
Jul 26, 2015
A hit with my family! I've made it twice and on the second time, I didn't add as much brown sugar so I added a drained can of pineapple chunks. WOW!! Delish
Aug 6, 2014
Made this tonight with turkey strips.... and it was SO yum! The sauce was just the right mix of tangy/salty/sweet.
Oct 6, 2012
Loved, loved, loved this dish. Thanks so much Kelly for submitting this recipe.
Feb 6, 2012
My whole family loved this recipe. We will definitely do it again!
Sep 13, 2011
Yummy!! I added broccoli and water chestnuts to mine and it was delish:)
Oct 15, 2010
Great recipe. The only variation I did was kick it up a notch. Instead of cooking the chicken in oil, I use a szechuan stir fry sauce. Very tasty, if you like it spicy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.