Honey-Nut Chicken Stir-Fry
In Roswell, Georgia, Tammi McDonald combines honey, ginger and orange juice in a delightful sauce for sliced carrots, celery and strips of tender chicken. She tops off her delicious stir-fry with chopped peanuts for a fun crunch.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until smooth; set aside. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry celery and carrots in 2 teaspoons oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink.
- Return vegetables to the pan. Stir orange juice mixture and gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve with rice if desired.