Honey-Nut Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until smooth; set aside. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry celery and carrots in 2 teaspoons oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink.
- 2. Return vegetables to the pan. Stir orange juice mixture and gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve with rice if desired.
1 cup: 348 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 636mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Jun 3, 2011
This recipe was kind of lacking in flavor, and there was too much celery in it.