Saucy Indian-Style Chicken & Vegetables
This Indian-style dish seems to develop a devoted following. Prepared sauce makes it easy to bring the rich flavors of Indian cuisine to your family. Feel free to use more or less tikka masala sauce according to your personal taste. —Erica Polly, Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) tikka masala curry sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Naan flatbreads, warmed
- Microwave sweet potatoes and water, covered, on high just until potatoes begin to soften, 3-4 minutes.
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine vegetables and chicken; add sauce and salt. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 4-5 hours. If desired, top with cilantro; serve with warmed naan.
- Freeze option: Omitting cilantro and naan, freeze cooled chicken and vegetable mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring gently and adding a little water if necessary. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with warmed naan.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 334 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 686mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Saucy Indian Chicken & Vegetables in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2017