- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, ginger, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk sour cream and egg; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in orange zest.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Divide dough in half. Pat each portion into a 7-in. circle; cut each into six wedges.
- Separate wedges and place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
1 each: 196 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
- Sep 11, 2015
Love to make scones! I serve them often for some of the catering events I do for women. The ginger and orange are such a bright taste in these scones. I like to make Devonshire cream to serve with the scones.
- Nov 24, 2009
Even my granddaughter,who usually doesn't like scones, really enjoyed these.
- Jan 12, 2007
No comment left