Vanilla-Glazed Ginger Scones
Gingerbread is a flavor that works with all sorts of delicious holiday baked goods. To glaze these ginger scones, just dip a fork or spoon into the glaze mixture and then drizzle over the tops. —Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk cream, egg, molasses and syrup until blended; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls into a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, cream, vanilla and salt; stir until smooth. Drizzle over scones; sprinkle with ginger. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 scone: 299 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.