Lemon Cream Scones
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk 3/4 cup cream, eggs and lemon extract until blended; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Pat dough into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges.
- Place wedges on a greased baking sheet. Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar. Brush tops with remaining cream; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 5, 2014
These were yummy! I liked that fact that you baked them and not fried them. I thought that might affect the texture and not be as good. But I loved the texture. The cinnamon and sugar weren't too sweet to go with a main dish soup. I worried it would be more like a dessert, but it worked well.