Lemon Cream Scones
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk 3/4 cup cream, eggs and lemon extract until blended; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Pat dough into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges.
- Place wedges on a greased baking sheet. Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar. Brush tops with remaining cream; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Dec 5, 2014
These were yummy! I liked that fact that you baked them and not fried them. I thought that might affect the texture and not be as good. But I loved the texture. The cinnamon and sugar weren't too sweet to go with a main dish soup. I worried it would be more like a dessert, but it worked well.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.