Orange Yogurt Scones
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup orange yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. In another bowl, whisk the yogurt, orange juice and zest; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 209 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
May 3, 2017
Very easy to make. I doubled the recipe and I used orange cream yogurt and freshly squeezed orange juice from the orange from which I grated the peel. I did have to add a little more OJ than called for as the mixture was too dry without it. I sprinkled coarse sugar on top before baking. I also froze them to have at another time. I will definitely be making these again!
Nov 3, 2014
I changed this recipe into something completely different. I wanted to use up a container of strawberry yogurt, so I used that instead. I also added a mashed banana. I did not use orange juice, but I used milk. Then I glazed them with an icing I made with strawberry preserve. My coworkers loved them! Maybe next time I will try orange scones.
Mar 6, 2010
I used a 6 oz. greek plain yogurt which was all I had in my frig! Easy assembly and yummy. A keeper!!