Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in cold butter until the size of peas. Stir in apricots and rosemary.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and whipping cream until blended. Stir into flour-butter mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a well-floured surface. Roll dough into a 10-in. square. Cut into four squares; cut each square into four triangles. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- For topping, combine egg and milk. Brush tops of scones with egg mixture; sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled scones in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, reheat in a preheated 350° oven 20-25 minutes, adding time as necessary to heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 scone: 372 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 13, 2017
Apricots and rosemary go together so wonderfully!! I used dried rosemary as I did not have any fresh on hand but next time I will use fresh for sure. On half the recipe I omitted the sugar topping and they were great as well. I put this in my keeper file!!!!