Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in cold butter until the size of peas. Stir in apricots and rosemary.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and whipping cream until blended. Stir into flour-butter mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a well-floured surface. Roll dough into a 10-in. square. Cut into four squares; cut each square into four triangles. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- For topping, combine egg and milk. Brush tops of scones with egg mixture; sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled scones in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, reheat in a preheated 350° oven 20-25 minutes, adding time as necessary to heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 scone: 372 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 13, 2017
Apricots and rosemary go together so wonderfully!! I used dried rosemary as I did not have any fresh on hand but next time I will use fresh for sure. On half the recipe I omitted the sugar topping and they were great as well. I put this in my keeper file!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.