Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice
- 2-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen french-style green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add rice with contents of seasoning packet and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Uncover; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, green beans, soup, 1/2 cup of almonds, pimientos, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in rice.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining almonds. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 297 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 912mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Dec 28, 2019
We have been making this for years now ever since we saw it in one of the taste of home mags.Everyone just loves it.
Jan 5, 2019
I made this recipe using a 4.5 oz. box of white and wild rice, not a 6 oz. like stated in the recipe. I used less cooking liquid. I used peas in place green beans ( should have used carrots too for color), omitted pimentos, bacon, and almonds. I didn't bake this either, just made it all on the stove. My boxed rice flavor packet was very salty so it's a great thing that I used low sodium chicken broth (I'll use water next time since it's really a waste to use broth) and 'healthy request' soup mix. Will definitely make again.
Apr 27, 2018
DID NOT CARE FOR THIS DISH AT ALL. HAD A VERY FUNNY TASTE TOO IT.
Apr 7, 2018
This was really simple and very filling. A great way to use rotisserie chicken to speed things up on busy weeknights. The only sub I made was sliced up sweet red pepper for pimentos since that's what I had on hand. Delicious! Family liked it!
Feb 17, 2018
Made as it except omitted the bacon. . If I were to add bacon it would be more than 1 strip. Great tasting recipe. Love the almonds
Jan 12, 2018
Very tasty - tastes like it has a higher fat content than it does. Would definitely make this again.
Nov 2, 2017
Easy and very good.
Nov 4, 2013
added celery and carrots with the onions. Added sherry to the soup
Oct 18, 2011
Easy and delicious.