Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Bake: 25 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine or 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice plus 5 tablespoons additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Combine the flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil and butter for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Gradually add broth and wine to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Strain sauce; set aside. In the same skillet, cook mushrooms in remaining oil for 2 minutes; drain. Stir sauce into mushrooms; heat through. Pour over chicken; sprinkle with parsley. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 247 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 10, 2016
I did not marinate my chicken which for me was the best way to go. I doubled the sauce and added Rosemary at the end then served over pasta.
Apr 26, 2015
Very good...I made a little extra sauce.
Mar 6, 2015
Delicious! Used apple juice instead of wine. Wonderful dinner with hot rice.
Nov 9, 2014
it was excellent. Very easy to make great flavor and the family loved it.
Mar 3, 2014
Delicious and easy to make served it with a side of ginger sweet potatoes.
Oct 31, 2013
This recipe was very good.I made a few changes for our tastes and with the ingredients we had on hand. I did not put the chicken with the Italian dressing.I substituted gluten free flour for all-purpose flour.I also added onions. I will definitely be making this recipe again. It was very tasty!
Feb 22, 2013
I have never cooked with Marsala wine before, could anyone tell me if it matters if it is a red or white wine? Please give me any advice that would be helpful. Thanks!
Nov 1, 2012
The chicken was very good but the sauce was just a watery thin liquid. did every thing like recipe called for, nobody even took any of it.
Oct 20, 2012
This recipe is a keeper,it taste like something you would get at a fancy restaurant,I use apple juice instead of the marsala,and served it with pasta and a salad,very good.
Aug 26, 2012
This was excellent. Made the recipe just like it called for. Servered it with linguine. Delicious