Cashew-Curry Chicken Salad
My husband and I fell hard for the curried chicken salad from our grocery store deli, and I knew I could find a way to make something similar. This version has become one of our favorites to take on trips to the beach. —Janine Cooper-Moren, Portland, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup honey Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 287 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Cashew Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.