Cashew Pea Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup chopped cashews
- Lettuce leaves and tomato wedges, optional
- For dressing, combine the first nine ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine peas, celery and onions. Combine sour cream and 2 tablespoons dressing (refrigerate remaining dressing); mix well. Fold into the pea mixture. Just before serving, stir in bacon and cashews. If desired, serve on lettuce with a tomato garnish.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 336 calories, 31g fat (6g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 16, 2014
This is good, but why make so much dressing and only use 2 tbsp of it? That's a waste. The pea & peanut salad on this website with zesty Italian dressing & mayo is easier & tastes basically the same.
May 17, 2012
Tasty and different, the peas, bacon and cashews really go together wonderfully. This is really a 4 1/2 star recipe and we make it regularly for family gatherings where it's popular with everyone.
Jul 29, 2010
2 green onions, thinly sliced, is what's missing
Mar 20, 2010
The stars aren't working. I want to give this 5 stars and it is stuck on 1. EXCELLENT salad. It sounded good but far exceeded my expectations.
Mar 19, 2010
COMPLAINT!this recipe says in the direction ONIONS there are no onion listed in the ingredients - poorly written and edited by the TOH staff.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.