Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery (1/2-inch pieces)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1-1/2 cups cashews
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of broth. Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and remaining broth until smooth; set aside.
- Add chicken to the skillet; stir-fry over medium heat until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add garlic, carrots and celery to skillet; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add broccoli and peas; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir broth mixture; add to the skillet with the chicken. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in cashews. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 571 calories, 33g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1625mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 39g protein.
Feb 9, 2018
This was lacking something.... honey? onions? Water chestnuts? Seemed bland -- would not make again
Feb 3, 2018
I have been making this stir-fry from the original recipe that was in the 1997 magazine. I have substituted different vegetables with no problem. I do double the sauce and it is very yummy.
Mar 5, 2016
Did not like the sauce
Apr 21, 2013
this was very good I did't have any carrots or snow peas so I added water chestnuts to have that crunch. Every liked this recipe.
May 7, 2012
This is one of my first attempts at a stir-fry: I'm not crazy about them but my husband loves them. We both thought that it was ok but I'm going to keep trying other recipes.
Nov 3, 2011
This is my stand-by for cashew chicken. I leave out the snow peas and use a cup each of the celery and carrots. Yummy! Naturally gluten-free for me. Perfect.
Oct 18, 2011
One of the few stir fry recipes that turns out for me and my family likes.
Jan 2, 2011
This is a fantastic recipe because you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. I didn't have broccoli so I used asparagus and threw in some frozen green peas. My family of boys all love this dish and request it quite often. I have to hide the cashews until I am ready for them or they will all be eaten!! This was added to my recipe box as a favorite!!
Nov 29, 2010
Excellent! Even my toddlers ate it up. I substituted fresh cooked green beans and chopped red and green peppers for the broccoli and snow peas, and added a few drops of sesame seed oil. I can't wait to make it again.
Oct 23, 2010
This has become one of my favorites.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.