Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 pound fresh baby carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted cashews
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, water, brown sugar and lemon juice until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry garlic for 1 minute. Add vegetables; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil. Add rice and water chestnuts; heat through. Top with cashews.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 385 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 6g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 28, 2019
easy to prepare, and very delicious
Jan 26, 2019
Such a quick dish to prepare. From start to finish it took less than 30 minutes. I did add chopped celery to the vegetables and ground ginger to the sauce. Even then it was a tad bland for us, so I added 1/4 cup of Toasted Sesame Seed Dressing to the sauce I keep that dressing in the pantry when making stir fry. Will be making this again.