Cashew Chicken with Bok Choy
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sherry or additional chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head bok choy, trimmed
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok. Stir-fry the chicken, celery, red pepper, onion and garlic in stir-fry sauce until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, sherry, cornstarch, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 2 minutes. Add bok choy; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook until bok choy is tender, 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cashews. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 349 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1082mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Mar 18, 2013
I made this to use up some bok choy. It was pretty good, a bit too much celery. I may make it again.
Nov 15, 2011
This was fabulous! Very very tasty! Definitely putting on my make one a week list. The only alteration I made was I used 1/4 less cashews and reduced sodium chicken broth and no extra added salt. Next time going to try reduced soy sauce for the stir fry sauce. Excellent recipe! Thanks for sharing this :)