Christmas Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, drained and sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine egg yolks, water, vinegar and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and reaches 160°. Remove from the heat and cool; fold in whipped cream.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 293 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 19, 2018
I made this, this morning and you do have to be a experienced cook to make the custard and cool things properly. It is a fantastic salad....perfect in fact. Wonderful flavor with cider......
Jul 8, 2017
This yummy fruit salad is perfect for the holidays!!
Dec 22, 2015
Do not bother making this the recipe is wrong calls for white vinegar which I think it should be lemon juice and it doesn't thicken up what a waste of my money
Jan 29, 2015
Okay - not worth the time it takes to make
Dec 30, 2013
This turned out to be delicious and received raves, but I had to add about 1/2 c. sugar to it after mixing it all together. The recipe calls for white vinegar, and all I had was cider vinegar, so I used that. Maybe that was why it just wasn't sweet enough. But no problem.....the added sugar cut the vinegar that was over-powering everything and made it taste good Everyone loved it.
Sep 4, 2013
I first made this recipe for my mother and dads 50th anniversary. Big hit! Been making it for parties ever since.
Dec 28, 2011
Very good, and I added green, red, yellow, jello!
Dec 28, 2011
Very good, and I added green, red, yellow, jellow!
Feb 27, 2011
Everyone at work loved this fruit salad!
Nov 18, 2009
I make this every Christmas. I particulary love it because it can be made the night before and it keeps very well. The added bonus is that it is delicious!