Fresh Apple & Pear Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine apples, pears, cucumber and onion. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 96 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Jan 29, 2018
Excellent salad and dressing!
Feb 16, 2015
Made this exactly as instructed with dill (couldn't find tarragon)... Simple, refreshing and surprisingly very tasty. I never thought the mustard vinaigrette would work with fresh fruit, but I was mistaken -- it is so yummy. Took it to the office and shared at lunch -- it was a hit (especially with my vegan boss)!
Jan 22, 2015
Simple to make and great flavors!
Jan 21, 2015
I cut way back on the red onion and dill and it's very good. It was a little overpowering otherwise.
Oct 27, 2014
I liked this and it was really easy to put together. However, I took it to a family party and there were definitely leftovers and no one really commented on it.
Oct 10, 2014
This salad is wonderful! I made it with fresh tarragon, which we really enjoyed; however, the dill also sounds delicious, so I will be making it again soon!
Sep 1, 2014
I really enjoyed this salad. Who would have thought that the combinations of ingredients would compliment each other so well? Very light and refreshing. Will make again.
Mar 2, 2014
I made this for a lunch party and it was a hit!
Jan 17, 2014
I loved this salad and am making it again for a dinner party!
Oct 26, 2013