Pear Harvest Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Add the greens, turkey, pears, avocado, pomegranate seeds and red onion; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 438 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein.
Dec 16, 2017
This might now be my favorite salad. I personally would omit pomegranate seeds next time. They are expensive, and I didn't feel like they contributed enough flavor to the salad to justify them being there. The red onions bring enough red color. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing. You can easily omit the meet to serve as a side salad, or keep it for a simple and tasty dinner.
Dec 30, 2011
I made this for Christmas for the family of my husband, and everyone tasted it... and said it was delicious and they ate more than one time... mmmhh I put all ingredients !! -I put normal apple vinegar and cider wine also
Nov 28, 2011
I also omitted the turkey, advocado, replaced blue cheese with feta cheese, it was excellent
Jan 5, 2011
Kids loved it too!
Mar 26, 2010
I really didn't like the dressing. I went and bought a poppy seed dressing that went excellent with it. Also, I left out the turkey and just had it as a side salad. Oh, and I mixed spinach leaves with the spring greens. Delicious.
Dec 6, 2009
I made this salad for Thanksgiving, as a side dish (without the cubed turkey). It is a delicious salad. Pomegranate in a salad adds a delightful pop of flavor in your mouth. I did not add the bleu cheese and it was still a delicious salad. Definitely a keeper! I am making it again for Christmas.