Pear Harvest Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Add the greens, turkey, pears, avocado, pomegranate seeds and red onion; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 438 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 16, 2017
This might now be my favorite salad. I personally would omit pomegranate seeds next time. They are expensive, and I didn't feel like they contributed enough flavor to the salad to justify them being there. The red onions bring enough red color. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing. You can easily omit the meet to serve as a side salad, or keep it for a simple and tasty dinner.
Dec 30, 2011
I made this for Christmas for the family of my husband, and everyone tasted it... and said it was delicious and they ate more than one time... mmmhh I put all ingredients !! -I put normal apple vinegar and cider wine also
Nov 28, 2011
I also omitted the turkey, advocado, replaced blue cheese with feta cheese, it was excellent
Jan 5, 2011
Kids loved it too!
Mar 26, 2010
I really didn't like the dressing. I went and bought a poppy seed dressing that went excellent with it. Also, I left out the turkey and just had it as a side salad. Oh, and I mixed spinach leaves with the spring greens. Delicious.
Dec 6, 2009
I made this salad for Thanksgiving, as a side dish (without the cubed turkey). It is a delicious salad. Pomegranate in a salad adds a delightful pop of flavor in your mouth. I did not add the bleu cheese and it was still a delicious salad. Definitely a keeper! I am making it again for Christmas.