Parsnip, Pear and Pecan Salad
I didn't try parsnips until I was well into my 40s, but now I can't get enough of them. This salad is so delicious, I defy your kids to turn their noses up at it. —Jodi Taffel, Altadena, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups peeled parsnips, julienned
- 1 cup D'Anjou pears, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh shelled or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 400°. Drop Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoonfuls at a time, 1/2 in. apart onto a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. There should be 8 circles. Bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine next 8 ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Stir together mayonnaise and water. Add to salad; toss to coat. Serve with Parmesan crisps.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 254 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Parsnip, Pear and Pecan Salad in Taste of Home November 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.