Mayonnaise Lover’s Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- Top each piece of chicken with a slice of ham and cheese. Grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey and remaining mayonnaise. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 542 calories, 43g fat (10g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein.
Jun 1, 2014
This is a very easy, very tasty recipe! Love it, know it will be one I will be making often!
Nov 16, 2011
This recipes became a favorite in our family. I've been making it too many times now. The chicken is moist and tender, and the sauce was fantastic.I always make sure I have extra chicken for this recipe..
Jul 5, 2011
This is a very tasty way to dress up chicken breasts. Instead of making the honey mustard sauce, I reserved some of the mayo and Italian dressing mixture to serve on the side. It was so very good!
Jul 20, 2010
Incredible taste, juicy and full of flavor, family loved this recipe - Jill Darnell, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Feb 7, 2009
This is an excellent recipe. The chicken is always very moist.
Aug 19, 2008
My family loved this chicken. What I particularly enjoyed was the full flavor developed after only thirty minutes of marinating.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.