Tara’s Spanish Chicken
This recipe has simple flavors that take me back to Grandma's house. She knew a million ways to cook a chicken, but this was my favorite. —Tara Imig, Fort Worth, Texas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over chicken mixture. Toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, until chicken juices run clear, 55-60 minutes.
Test Kitchen tip