Simple Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
This recipe is simple, but it always gets great reviews.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 to 3 slices day-old bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- In a bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder and seasoned salt; add bread cubes and toss to coat. Place on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour Italian dressing into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cut into strips or cubes; refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, combine the romaine, cheese, croutons and chicken in a salad bowl. Drizzle with Caesar dressing; toss gently to coat.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.