Grilled Raspberry Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min.
- 1 cup plus 4-1/2 teaspoons raspberry vinaigrette, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1 cup vinaigrette and half of the rosemary. Add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the jam, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic powder, and remaining vinaigrette and rosemary; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20 minutes. Turn; grill 10-20 minutes longer or until juices a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with raspberry sauce.
Jul 9, 2018
I loved this chicken! Simple and delicious. I would recommend waiting until the last 5-10 minutes to brush on the glaze. I started basting with the glaze as soon as I turned the chicken as directed, and I really was not worried about it since it was on indirect heat. But, sure enough the sugar in the jam did cause it to scorch. It was still really good but next time I will wait longer.
Oct 10, 2015
Loved the flavor!
Jul 10, 2014
This was easy to make and a nice change from regular grilled chicken, but I didn't care for the taste too much. It's not a bad recipe, just not one that I care for. My family liked it a lot though :)
Jun 19, 2014
Very tasty! Used chicken breasts instead, and substituted tarragon for the rosemary. Nice and juicy, and easy to make.
Jul 28, 2013
This was a nice change of pace from our usual rub for grilled chicken. It had a really nice flavor, and my husband asked that it be placed on a regular rotation of go-to recipes!
Dec 4, 2012
Very good and easy to make. A different flavor for those who want to prepare chicken in a different way.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.