Grilled Shrimp Salads with Coconut Vinaigrette
I first tried a salad very similar to this when visiting a friend in Florida. When I returned, I was determined to create the same refreshing combination at home. The secret is the coconut-milk marinade—makes the shrimp incredibly tender and flavorful. —Sarah Vasques, Milford, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup into a shallow dish. Add the shrimp; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinaigrette.
- Drain and discard vinaigrette from shrimp. Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until shrimp turn pink, turning once, 6-8 minutes. Divide the salad ingredients among four plates; top with shrimp. Serve with reserved vinaigrette.