Luncheon Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 7-1/2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a large bowl, gently combine the chicken, pineapple, oranges, celery, onions and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 358 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Apr 16, 2017
The absolute best chicken salad I have ever had!!!
Oct 6, 2012
I quadrupled this recipe and made it for my dad's 90th birthday party lunch celebration. It was easy to make ahead and assemble at serving time. Compliments abounded!
May 10, 2011
I followed the recipe exactly except I added a chopped apple to it. Great served on lettuce, even my toddler ate it!
Jan 24, 2011
I have made this salad many times. It is one of my families favorites!
Sep 26, 2010
What is the correct amount of mustard?
Apr 11, 2008
Re: I buy rotissarie chicken whole, bone the meat and save the meat for chicken salad recipes. Saves a lot of time.Sheila-OK
Apr 11, 2008
Re: leave out the fruit and it's great on a sandwhich.Sheila-LK
Apr 4, 2008
thanks. Also, someone had a question abt the amount of mustard? it does sound like an awful lot.
Mar 28, 2008
I was wondering the same thing!pam-tx
Mar 24, 2008
7 and 1/2 teaspoons of mustard sounds like a lot to me. Is that accurate?