Luncheon Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 7-1/2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a large bowl, gently combine the chicken, pineapple, oranges, celery, onions and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 358 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 16, 2017
The absolute best chicken salad I have ever had!!!
Oct 6, 2012
I quadrupled this recipe and made it for my dad's 90th birthday party lunch celebration. It was easy to make ahead and assemble at serving time. Compliments abounded!
May 10, 2011
I followed the recipe exactly except I added a chopped apple to it. Great served on lettuce, even my toddler ate it!
Jan 24, 2011
I have made this salad many times. It is one of my families favorites!
Sep 26, 2010
What is the correct amount of mustard?
Apr 11, 2008
Re: I buy rotissarie chicken whole, bone the meat and save the meat for chicken salad recipes. Saves a lot of time.Sheila-OK
Apr 11, 2008
Re: leave out the fruit and it's great on a sandwhich.Sheila-LK
Apr 4, 2008
thanks. Also, someone had a question abt the amount of mustard? it does sound like an awful lot.
Mar 28, 2008
I was wondering the same thing!pam-tx
Mar 24, 2008
7 and 1/2 teaspoons of mustard sounds like a lot to me. Is that accurate?