Tuscan Cauliflower Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets (about 14 ounces)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine cauliflower, broth, water and garlic; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, until cauliflower is tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles, 6-8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Add sausage and mushrooms to cauliflower mixture; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cream and pepper; heat through. Serve with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 358 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 26, 2018
I made this for husband and I, wonderful, easy filling soup. The bacon adds a lot to the flavor!
Feb 15, 2018
Everybody loved this soup, even my 8 year old grandson. However, I added undrained Italian style tomatoes and cheddar cheese. Delicious!
Jan 31, 2018
I followed this recipe exactly. It was very thin and tasteless ! Such a disappointment for a taste of home recipe. It wasted the Italian sausage and bacon.
Nov 10, 2015
Overall, this soup was pretty good. I liked the use of sausage and cauliflower. I wasn't a fan of the mushrooms but I'm really not in general. Next time, I think I'll add in some tomatoes and extra seasonings.
Nov 5, 2015
3.5 stars. This recipe seemed like it was missing something. I even added parsley, sauteed onions, and some roasted garlic. I used half and half. My husband and I thought it was good, but not great. I am hoping it is one of those dishes that tastes better the next day.
Oct 21, 2015
Very good. I added a heaping spoonful of Better than Bouillon for some extra flavor, but my husband and I really enjoyed it.
Oct 11, 2015
This soup had good flavor and was easy to make. I substituted fat free half and half for the heavy cream and added fresh parsley for color at the very end. Next time I make it I will use turkey sausage in place of regular sausage.
Oct 10, 2015
I loved it but my other half didn't like it.
Oct 2, 2015