Tuscan Cauliflower Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets (about 14 ounces)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine cauliflower, broth, water and garlic; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, until cauliflower is tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles, 6-8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Add sausage and mushrooms to cauliflower mixture; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cream and pepper; heat through. Serve with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 358 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Feb 26, 2018
I made this for husband and I, wonderful, easy filling soup. The bacon adds a lot to the flavor!
Feb 15, 2018
Everybody loved this soup, even my 8 year old grandson. However, I added undrained Italian style tomatoes and cheddar cheese. Delicious!
Jan 31, 2018
I followed this recipe exactly. It was very thin and tasteless ! Such a disappointment for a taste of home recipe. It wasted the Italian sausage and bacon.
Nov 10, 2015
Overall, this soup was pretty good. I liked the use of sausage and cauliflower. I wasn't a fan of the mushrooms but I'm really not in general. Next time, I think I'll add in some tomatoes and extra seasonings.
Nov 5, 2015
3.5 stars. This recipe seemed like it was missing something. I even added parsley, sauteed onions, and some roasted garlic. I used half and half. My husband and I thought it was good, but not great. I am hoping it is one of those dishes that tastes better the next day.
Oct 21, 2015
Very good. I added a heaping spoonful of Better than Bouillon for some extra flavor, but my husband and I really enjoyed it.
Oct 11, 2015
This soup had good flavor and was easy to make. I substituted fat free half and half for the heavy cream and added fresh parsley for color at the very end. Next time I make it I will use turkey sausage in place of regular sausage.
Oct 10, 2015
I loved it but my other half didn't like it.
Oct 2, 2015