Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the corn, black beans and 1/2 cup salsa. Top with chicken and remaining salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 348 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1027mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 13, 2019
The only addition I made was roll the chicken pieces into taco seasoning for added flavor
Apr 4, 2018
Very tasty meal. Would certainly make again. Like others I used a Mexican style rice with red beans. Love the suggestion of using with tortillas.
Aug 23, 2017
Super easy and a family favorite!!
Dec 13, 2015
This is a complet meal, easy and healthy I love it!!! I like with white rice.
Sep 24, 2014
Really good considering how easy and healthy it is, everyone in my family liked it. I added 3 cups of cooked rice when it was about ready and added some taco seasoning too.
May 13, 2014
This was a GREAT recipe and the best part is that it is SO EASY!!! Family loved it! I used 1 can corn & 1 can Mexicorn and added some garlic powder, taco seasoning & chili powder. And I too made Spanish rice to go with it. But I topped this on the Spanish Rice (I used Rice-A-Roni's Spanish rice). I think I will add this to my quick fix recipes...! :)
Apr 8, 2014
This was so easy and smelled so good when I came home from work. I only fixed Mex. rice and dinner was served. Everyone said this was one to repeat.
Mar 1, 2014
Have made this dish several times, so easy and full of flavor.
Jan 22, 2014
So good and easy!
Jan 1, 2014
We love this dish. I make it almost every week. We serve it with Spanish rice or in tortillas. Very flavorful, quick, & easy.