Slow Cooker Caribbean Moo Shu Chicken
A tropical twist on a takeout favorite, this slow cooker creation is simple, satisfying and destined to become a new family favorite! —Shannon Kohn, Simpsonville, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mangoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 16 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine first five ingredients. In a small bowl, stir together tomatoes, hoisin sauce and hot pepper sauce. Pour tomato mixture over chicken mixture. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 3-4 hours. Remove meat. When cool enough to handle, shred with two forks; return to slow cooker. Heat through.
- To serve, divide mixture evenly among tortillas. Top with coleslaw and chopped peanuts.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 552 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1122mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 7g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Caribbean Moo Shu Chicken in Taste of Home December 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.