Slow-Cooker Caribbean Moo Shu Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mango
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 16 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine first 5 ingredients. In a small bowl, stir together tomatoes, hoisin sauce and hot pepper sauce. Pour tomato mixture over chicken mixture. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 3-4 hours. Remove meat. When cool enough to handle, shred with 2 forks; return to slow cooker. Heat through.
- To serve, divide mixture evenly among tortillas. Top with coleslaw and chopped peanuts.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 552 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1122mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 7g fiber), 35g protein.
Jan 6, 2020
This was so easy to make and super, super delicious! I even avoided using tortillas to eat it with, and just put it in a bowl with some cole slaw mix on top and the peanuts. It was so tasty. My friend did not like the ingredients but she tried it was very impressed with how good it was. This will remain in the rotation for sure. I used only 4 chicken breasts because they were larger than 6 oz. so didn't need six, but either way, this makes a TON of food. Now only question would be for Taste of Home to answer if it can be frozen? I would highly recommend trying this just the way the recipe calls for it.