Pressure Cooker Truly Tasty Turnip Greens
These savory greens are a hit at every church dinner. Adjust the seasonings as you please to make the recipe your own. .—Amy Inman, Hiddenite, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min. + releasing
- 2 pounds peeled turnips, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 12 ounces fresh turnip greens
- 8 ounces fully cooked country ham or 2 smoked ham hocks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine all ingredients. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- If using ham hocks, remove meat from bones when cool enough to handle; cut ham into small pieces and return to pressure cooker. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 63 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 903mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 24, 2019
family loved this!! amazing!! with cornbread!!deb P VFE
Jan 24, 2019
Outstanding! I’d give this more stars if I could. I used homegrown turnips and followed recipe exactly as stated. This was phenomenal!