Pressure Cooker Apple-Cranberry Grains
These delicious slow-cooker grains are perfect. I set my slow cooker to start automatically overnight and a hearty breakfast is ready in the morning, making this quick and healthy recipe a favorite in my home. —Sherisse Dawe, Black Diamond, Alberta, Canada
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + releasing
- 2 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup wheat berries
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup medium pearl barley
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 cups water
- Milk, brown sugar, chopped nuts and apple slices, optional
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 25 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve with optional ingredients as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 286 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Apple-Cranberry Grains in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.