These delicious slow-cooker grains are perfect. I set my slow cooker to start automatically overnight and a hearty breakfast is ready in the morning, making this quick and healthy recipe a favorite in my home. —Sherisse Dawe, Black Diamond, Alberta, Canada
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup wheat berries
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup medium pearl barley
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 cups water
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until grains are tender. Serve with milk.
Editor's Note: Look for oat bran cereal near the hot cereals or in the natural foods section. Look for quinoa in the cereal, rice or organic food aisle.