Pressure Cooker Nutty Apple Butter
Being a New England native, I love apple-picking season. Grab some apples and peanut butter to make this creamy PB&J riff. Dunk in sliced fruit or graham crackers, or spread it on a sandwich. —Brandie Cranshaw, Rapid City, SD
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 4 pounds (about 8) large apples, cored and quartered
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 7 ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure
- Mash apples with a potato masher or use an immersion blender until blended. Whisk in peanut butter until apple mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.